Healthy Burning With Non-Toxic Candles

Nearly 80-90% of the fragrance ingredients put into scented candles are filled with harmful chemicals and toxins, meaning you may be harming you and your family’s health by burning traditional candles. If you experience allergies,  these scented candles may make your symptoms even worse. Choosing a healthier, non-toxic candle solution can solve this problem by taking out some of the toxins from your home. The difference between non-toxic and traditional candles may amaze you.

Source Naturals L-Citrulline - 120 Capsules NutraKey L-Citrulline - 90 Capsules SNS Liver Assist XT - 90 Capsules

Non-Toxic Candle Solutions

If you’re looking to enhance your home-ambiance by lighting a candle, you are better off purchasing a candle made of beeswax or soy rather than paraffin. Or even better, find ways to make your own scented candle with natural fragrances. If you would rather purchase your glowing scents, choosing 100% beeswax *candles with cotton wicks are your best option, however, they can get a bit costly and you’ll find that some manufacturers cut costs by adding paraffin. Be sure to avoid this trick by checking the label for a 100% beeswax indicator.

Vegetable-based waxes are a great alternative as well since they are non-toxic, as long as they are 100% natural. To reduce the soot from your candle, no matter what type of wick it is, all you have to do is trim the wick to about 1/8 of an inch. If you are still worried that your wick contains heavy metals such as lead, you can easily test it out at home by rubbing the unburned tip of the wick on a piece of paper. If there is a grey trail, then there is a high chance that lead or metals are included in the wick’s ingredients. By using these solutions, along with other eco-friendly and non-toxic products, you can provide a safer and clean home for your entire family.

Why Make the Switch?

When it comes to keeping your family safe and healthy, you may begin considering many alternatives to cleaning products, but not everyone understands that the candles they use can be harmful to their health. In the United States, candle wicks were only to be made from cotton or paper, however, after recent studies, they found that nearly 30% of candle wicks contain heavy metals such as lead. Although, the health concerns aren’t the only reason that you should make the switch. It’s been shown that soy *candles last up to 50% longer than paraffin *candles, giving you a longer-lasting burn. So, you are not only keeping your home safe and non-toxic for your family, but you will ultimately be saving money with longer-lasting candles.

See also: “Detoxification | Features Of Detoxification That Make Everyone Love It

Burning *candles is a well-known way for individuals to enjoy relaxing while enjoying a wonderful smell throughout your home. Unfortunately, many of the more traditional and popular candles made of paraffin are known to burn off toxins that can be harmful. By switching your paraffin *candles for a natural soy or beeswax candle, you can sequentially provide a safer and cleaner environment for your family.

Featured Author: Kylee Franklin.