Vitamin K plays an important role in the intestines and aids in converting glucose into glycogen for storage in the liver, promoting healthy liver function. It may increase resistance to infection in children and help prevent cancers that target the inner linings of the organs. It aids in promoting longevity. A deficiency of this vitamin can cause abnormal and/or internal bleeding.
There are three forms of vitamin K.
The first is vitamin K1 (phylloquinone or phytonadione), which comes from plants and makes up your dietary vitamin K.
The second is vitamin K2, a family of substances called menaquinones, which are made by intestinal bacteria and also found in butter, cow liver, chicken, egg yolks, fermented soybean products, and some cheeses.
Third, there is vitamin K3 (menadione), which is a synthetic, man-made substance.
About the product
- 2-in-1 SUPPORT: 5000 IU (125mcg) of Vitamin D3 & 100 mcg of Vitamin K 2 MK-7 for Strong Bones and a Healthy Cardiovascular System.*
- BETTER THAN THE REST: The only Non-GMO Verified, Vegan Certified, 100% Plant Based Vitamin K2+D3 available. Free of Animal Ingredients such as Lanolin and Bovine.
- 2 PATENT INGREDIENTS: Featuring Vitashine D3 – a patent, plant based form of Vitamin D3 from Lichen and MenaQ7 – a patent form of MK7 from Chickpea.
- ENHANCED ABSORPTION: Vitamin K2 & D3 are both fat soluble and difficult for the body to absorb if not taken with a fat. To help enhance absorption we blend our product with Coconut Oil.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: All Sports Research (SR) products come with a 90 day Money Back Guarantee (See below for details)